Isaac just started saying his own name differently. He used to say "sa-sai" and now he's started saying "i - eh". Haha...it's so cute (although I kinda miss "sa -sai").
We found one of Mike's old phones that he lost a while ago. We charged it up and gave it to Isaac because he is obsessed with phones. He loves it!!
He knows all his letters now. He doesn't go through his ABC's in order yet...but he can identify all the letters. He will randomly sing part of the song in order...but has yet to do it from A to Z.
He now counts from 1 - 20! He can do 1 - 12 all on his own, and he will randomly do 15 - 20 but he usually needs a little prompting to get him all the way through. He can also count from 10 - 1 backwards. What a little smarty pants.
After my recent miscarriage I have been thinking a lot about what a blessing Isaac is. I always knew he was, but it is easy to take it for granted sometimes. I had all but forgotten the many struggles we went through trying to conceive a child. Before we had conceived him, I had come to terms with the fact that we may not ever have children of our own. I really was at peace with that...I had decided that God may not give us children of our own, but that He would take care of us and we would be okay if that were the case. But he did choose to give us a child, and I am just so thankful for him. But God would've been the same God...just as good...if He had chosen not to.
It is a little difficult being taken back to those thoughts and feelings again. I have to admit that after we were blessed with Isaac, I guess I thought that battle was over...I got this false sense that we would no longer have any problems having children. Getting pregnant so quickly kinda confirmed that in my mind...but now I'm remembering back...the difficult time we had...could be ahead of us again...and i am determined not to be consumed like I was before...to make sure that my faith in Him grows even stronger than it did the last time. I know He is in control and will do what is best for us...not because He chose to give us a child the first time around...but simply because He is God. I'm really trying not to let my worries and fears sneak up on me...I just keep giving them right back to Him and reminding myself of who He is and His promises. To give us life to the full. To do what is best for us. To fight our battles and be victorious. To give us joy, and peace that passes all understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Nancy, I've just been reading through your posts and am fascinated. Your little boy is so cute! I am expecting my first in March, and the only other real experience I have with a little one is getting to know my 14-month old niece. I look forward to reading more about how Isaac develops as he gets older!
Post a Comment