Sunday, January 11, 2009

18 months

My boy is 18 months now! So hard to believe. He is talking better everyday...he knows and says all the names of the characters on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. He knows his numbers and counts pretty well on his own. He's just started identifying and saying some of his letters. We will be driving down the road and he will see a letter on a sign or something and say "B". It's really cute.

He's started napping better again, still not as good as he was before, but I'll take it! He has started wanting to do things on his own...including (but not limited to) feeding himself. He pretty much refuses to eat any food that I am feeding him...doesn't matter if he loves it or not. He has to do it. I have been trying to give him foods that he is most successful with...ideally finger foods, but he is really wanting to us his fork and spoon (which he has definitely not mastered yet)...so I have to give in sometimes. Foods like applesauce, yogurt, cereal etc...he ends up wearing more than he's eaten...but oh well...he will get it soon enough.

He loves for us to read to him, and he just got a magnadoodle for Christmas that he draws at for hours! He loves to color and play with his alphabet toy. I would be lying if I said he didn't love to watch TV...what kid doesn't...we try to limit his TV time, but he loves Mickey & Tigger! He also likes Handy Manny, Veggie Tales and Little Einstiens. He really likes the praise baby videos too. He doesn't sing too much yet, but he absolutlely loves music.

I will be scheduling his 18 month check up soon...I think he weighs about 26 pounds...but I'll know for sure after his appointment. He has cut about 6 more teeth, so he has a total of 11. 3 top middle, 4 bottom middle, and all 4 molars. He's still really good natured...I mean he has his moments like they all do...but over all he's really a good boy and we just adore him!

No comments: