At 17 months, Isaac has started identifying numbers. It started one day when I took a diaper out the box and he saw the number on it and said "five". I thought it was a fluke, so I waited a few minutes and after he was distracted for a bit, I took out his number book and asked him where the five was. He pointed right to it. It was such a surprise to me! It just seemed a little early to me for him to be identifying numbers...but we went with it and started reading through his number book every day. In a matter of days he was identifying several numbers, and now he can identify numbers 1 - 10, he can say numbers 1 - 13, and he is starting to count in order! What a little smarty pants. :) I thought I should get him started on letters, but he doesn't seem terribly interested yet. When I mix letters in with his numbers, he tosses them aside and continues with the numbers...lol.
He has also started to sing a little bit. Since I love to sing, I think this is especially precious! He just sings a few lines from the songs he hears on Playhouse Disney. He is so cute.
On the not so good side, for some reason Isaac has not been napping well lately. Until recently, he would go down around 1pm and sleep until at least 4pm...sometimes 5pm! Lately though, when I put him down he chatters away in his crib...sometimes for HOURS! He didn't fall asleep until after 4pm two days in a row, and the other days it was 2:30 or 3pm. I'm not really sure what to do...I feel like he is way to young to be completely giving up his naps...plus, I am not ready to give them up! Haha! I like the little break in the day to get some things done. Do I continue to lay him down at 1pm and let him work it out...or do I move his nap later? He's not crying or upset...he's just not sleeping. Argh...any advice would be welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hey Nancy,
Isabelle recently went through this and I just kept putting her down and she is now back to taking good long naps. I would keep putting him down because if you give up, it's all over for sure! He'll get used to not napping and decide he likes it just fine. I was so upset when Sydney gave up her naps. She was around 2. It is so different not having that break in the day to be something other than mommy for a while. On the other hand, I'm glad my girls aren't like my brother, who completely gave up napping at 10 months!
Ran started doing that to, so we just put him down at the same time everyday anyway. He eventually got back on schedule & still takes an afternoon nap --and he's now 3 yrs. 2 mo.'s. Even if he misses a day due to our own schedule or travel we still get right back to it the next day though he babbles in there for a long time.
Way to go on the numbers, Isaac! Little Ran man still is out of order with numbers & has no interest in them, but does like letters. I guess they choose what they want to learn, when they want to learn. I'm not too worried since he knows the name of like 30 Thomas the Tank Engine characters. :)
Ugh... I feel your pain! Hayley gave up napping consistently at like 15 months, however she still knows it is nap time and goes in her room everyday for 2 hours regardless... her average is 1 to 2 naps a week, the other days are spent talking to her dolls and reading books.
Post a Comment