Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Update Site

I have decided to create a new update site for Isaac. Mainly because I am paying a monthly fee for the babysite that I no longer wish to pay.

Here's the scoop. Our little guy is now 16 months old. He is always going, going, going...he stops to eat and sleep and that is about all.

He has recently started developing a vocabulary! He started repeating words we would say to him several months ago, and we knew he recognized words because he would respond accordingly...i.e. go get your ball - he would get his ball...go get a book - he'd get a book...and so on. But now he is actually saying words on his own and recalling things on his own. I could try to list all the "words" he knows, but he is seriously adding new ones daily. Some that come to mind now...He identifies and says most of his body parts...eye, nose, head, mouth, teeth, hand, knee, and foot. He says and identifies several objects...ball, shoe, butterfly, moon, sun, star, car, bone, tigger, and pooh. We just realized that he knows the word "five" and holds up five fingers when he says it (I think he actually learned that from giving a "high five" or from the subway commercial about 5 dollar footlongs...he likes that one). He says and identifies lots of people's names...dada, mama, maaa (uncle mike), mama (grandma), papa (grandpa), ada (uncle jon).

He says milk, lunch, nite nite, paa (up), dow (down)...when we ask him if he is stinky he says poo poo (which he also says for "open" when he is standing at a door). And he recently started saying his name "sa sa" (Isaac).

He is really so smart and such a good boy. He has his typical meltdowns from time to time, but all I do is wait it out (which really doesn't take long) and he's on to something else. It is funny the things he picks up simply from his human nature...like biting...we didn't teach him that...he just tried it one day (I put a stop to that one QUICK) and hiding. When he gets something he knows he shouldn't have...such as the television remote...you will find him in the corner behind the couch.

He is still very healthy. I think he may have inherited his mommy's seasonal allergies, but a bit of a runny nose and a few days of a congested cough were the worst things we've had to endure as of late. He's about 25 pounds and 32 inches now. He's finally catching up with his clothes...haha! For the first time since he was newborn he's actually wearing clothes sized consistent with his age range.

Today, we went to the park to enjoy the 70 degree day in November! He had a blast. Like I said earlier...he just didn't stop. I was trying to get some good fall pictures, but it wasn't easy with my moving target. I did manage to get a few. Hope you enjoy!

November in Michigan??? 11-5-2008

No comments: